The dreams and realizations of GXunited are getting bigger and bolder every year. This includes our brand identity (aka. what we look like) and our website (aka. everything we have to offer). And while we really loved our old website and look, we felt it was time for a change. So without further ado, we’re super excited to announce the launch of our new website and branding.
Change is Good
Over the past 18-months we’ve been hard at work to create a new version of our brand identity and a website that not only will function easier, but will give us the ability to showcase and provide so many new resources for the wonderful world of group fitness.
While our old website and branding was good, we are now on a mission to DEMAND BETTER GROUP FITNESS. With this comes the need to create new content, restructure website navigation, enhance the user experience and push the boundaries of fitness education with our brand identity.
And while it may seem completely out of left field, our Founder – Summer Sides, says “a lot of what you see comes from my initial vision of where I wanted GXunited to go. For me it was always about so much more than just a resource platform for group fitness instructors. I always envisioned GXunited to be THE go to source for group fitness education. And these changes are going to allow us to go there.”
As we say on our About Us page – Today we no longer want to simply give resources, we’re here to fight for better group fitness experiences. We’re here to stand up for the instructor, the participant, and the studio owner who yearns for safe, effective, and purpose driven workout experiences. We’re here to demand higher respect, more pay, and higher levels of education for group fit pros.
How We Landed on the New Design & Website
We started the redesigning project with survey’s to our users/group fitness instructors and by conducting research into our website’s analytics to see how our visitors were using the website. Using this data, we could see what the website did well and what we could improve on.
We used this information to work with a branding and website design team to create the vision for the new GXunited.com. After a busy period of planning, designing, developing and testing, we are delighted to announce the launch of our new website.
We hope you like the fresh and modern new look to the website and logo and the improved navigation that will allow you to find the information you need more quickly and easily.
We will be adding blog articles on a regular basis to keep you in touch with all the latest updates from us and useful information in the group fitness world included tips, tricks and advice on helping to DEMAND BETTER GROUP FITNESS.
Pictures are Important
One of the elements we’re super excited to show-off is the use of all in-house photography. We’ve worked with Michael Griffith Photography to develop a strong and powerful look for our pictures. While on occasion we’ll still use stock photography, all of these images and our original photographs will show fitness as it is – not crazy and simply sexy (because you know you’re not looking hot when you are drenched in sweat at the end of an awesome spin class).
We’re taking a stand against the “sexification” of fitness and will NEVER showcase women in scantly clad clothes posing awkwardly with a piece of equipment (because who lifts in a bikini and high heels, seriously?!).
We want to showcase that fitness is strong and powerful – for people of all walks of life – not simply sexy, young, and skinny. Because it’s time we DEMAND BETTER from the fitness industry and portray fitness as it is, not as sex. Join us to #stopthesexificationoffitness.
Websites Are Never Finished
You may notice that some of the resources you came to love on the old website are not currently up and running – this isn’t a misight on our part. In fact, we’re building out these resources to be bigger and better than they were before. Over the coming months we’ll be launching more resources and continuing to grow the brand in new and exciting ways. Plus, we’ve got a long list of things that we’re really eager to get started on but we’d love to hear your feedback.
What do you think of our new branding and website? Is there anything that you particularly like or that doesn’t work for you? Email us and let us know!!
Here’s to a world of BETTER GROUP FITNESS EXPERIENCES!
Summer Sides, Founder GXunited
- Class Themes: World Suicide Prevention Day 2019 - September 10, 2019
- Playlist & Themes: Labor Day 2019 - August 31, 2019
- My Story of Overtraining Syndrome, Part 4: A Rare Fungal Infection & Surgery - August 24, 2019
- My Story of Overtraining Syndrome, Part 3: A Follow-Up (4-months later) - August 23, 2019
- My Story of Overtraining Syndrome, Part 2: What is OTS? - August 23, 2019
- My Story of Overtraining Syndrome, Part 1: A Confession & Journey - August 22, 2019
- The Importance of Microphones, Windscreens, & Mic Belts for Group Fitness Instructors - July 10, 2019
- GXunited is New & Improved – Announcing our New Brand & Website - January 30, 2019
- 3 Tips for Motivating Small Group Fitness Classes - December 17, 2018
- 5 Benefits of Yoga for Cyclists - June 21, 2018
- BREAKING NEWS! Stages® Indoor Cycling is Announced as Les Mills New Global Bike Partner - June 10, 2018
- 23 Music Resources for Group Fitness Professionals - June 10, 2018
- The Down and Dirty History of Barre Fitness - May 20, 2018
- Dance Research – Let’s Geek out on the Exercise Science! - May 15, 2017
- Foster a Growth Mindset in Your Group Fitness Classes - March 30, 2017
- Teaching Tip: Make Your Calendar Explode in Color! - February 14, 2017
- Remember What it Feels Like to Be a Beginner: Inside My Story - January 31, 2017
- Let’s Demand Better Group Fitness: Breaking Down Cliques - January 20, 2017
- Everyone is Watching – Reactions Matter - January 10, 2017
- 15 Tips from an Instructor’s Experience as a ClassPass Participant - December 12, 2016
- 5 Reasons to be a GX Participant Again - November 17, 2016
- Improve Posture & Reduce Lower Back Pain in Group Fitness Classes - November 1, 2016
- Is Social Media Killing the Fitness Professional? - October 9, 2016
- “Oh Sh*t” Moments as a Group Fitness Professional - October 2, 2016
- Exercise Science for Fit Pros: Understanding Muscle Anatomy - September 28, 2016
- Understanding the Group Fitness Athlete - August 9, 2016
- 11 Tips for Teaching What You Love By Saying NO - July 12, 2016
- Understand the Science to Create Great HIIT Workouts - June 22, 2016
- Exercise Physiology is Fun! Understand Your Cardiovascular System - June 22, 2016
- Fun Times at Aqua & Sports Camp - June 11, 2016
- Creating Active Dynamic Warm-Ups for any Workout - June 7, 2016
- 5 Tips to Support Group Fitness WallFlowers - May 26, 2016
- Fit Pros: How to Stay Calm when Teaching - May 19, 2016
- Making a Yogi out of Anyone: 2 Flows for Any Class - May 10, 2016
- 4 Tips for Longevity as a Fitness Professional - May 5, 2016
- Tips for Avoiding Group Exercise Instructor Nightmares - April 28, 2016
- I’m an Exercise Scientist NOT Nutrition Scientist - April 28, 2016
- Fit Pros: Be the “Go To” Substitute - March 15, 2016
- 6 Reasons to Take a Sick Day as a Fit Pro - March 10, 2016
BS: Exercise & Sports Science
NSCA: Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
ACSM: Certified Exercise Physiologist (EP-C)
Yoga Alliance: 200-hr RYT
ACE: Group Fitness Instructor
Balanced Body: Reformer Level 1 Coach
Schwinn: Indoor Cycle Instructor
RRCA: Running Coach